Friday 5th May
For the truly brave, the Sydney Bail Out will be held at the chilling Yasmar Facility, a former Juvenile Detention Centre, held on Friday 5th May 2017
Should you choose to accept, participants must raise a minimum of $1,000 to be released the following morning at 9am. Upon their release, inmates will be welcomed with a well-deserved champagne breakfast. Alternatively, inmates can choose to ’Bail Out’ at 11pm to avoid the sleepover.
The event is theatrical in nature with actors playing various roles, as we aim to give participants a unique experience. As an inmate, you will understand what it is like to be incarcerated, you will be fingerprinted, have your mug shot taken, stripped of all possesions and will be searched for contraband.
Yasmar was once a fully operational Juvenille Detention centre in which some of the most unlucky young people in our society ended up after coming into contact with the justice system.
Dare to get locked-up at Yasmar? Limited spaces available, Register Here
Or, if you have a friend, relative, colleague, boss or spouse that you’d like to see locked up, contact Adam Gibson 0409 000 038 – Adam.Gibson@whitelion.asn.au or Kerrie White 0449 929 382 – Kerrie.White@whitelion.asn.au
How to Register
Register as an individual
Register as an individual to get locked up and raise the minimum bail of $1,000.
Benefits of registering as an individual:
- Full Bail Out experience
- Opportunity to network with like-minded people
- Experience a part of Sydney’s history that can oly be seen by registering for this event
Register as a team leader and become a Bail Out Champion
Make a difference and lead others in raising awareness and funds. Bring together 5 people (including yourself) as a team to get locked up and each raise the minimum bail of $1,000, a total of $5,000.
Benefits of registering as a Champion and becoming a team leader:
- Bond with your mates; (up to 5 members per team)
- Great opportunity for team building and staff rewards
- Networking with other community minded businesses
- Experience the Yasmar facility in a way that you will never forget.
Benefits of the money raised
By accepting this challenge, your fundraising will support Whitelion’s various programs.
- $1,000 will train 20 volunteer mentors so they Whitelion can match them with a vulnerable young person in a 12 month long mentor match
- $5,000 will support the employment of 10 youth-at-risk per annum, empowering these young people to lead more independent and sustainable futures.
When: Friday 5th May 2017
Where: Yasmar Juvenile Detention Centre
Address:185 Parramatta Road, Haberfield
Time: Option 1 – 5.00pm Friday 5th May - 9.00am Saturday 6th May – SOLD OUT Option 2 – 5.00pm – 11.00pm Friday 5th May – SOLD OUT
Cost: A minimum of $1,000 must be raised to secure your participation. It is recommended to raise your bail prior to the night as there will be little time to get on the phone to request some final donations.
Catering: You will be clothed, fed and watered
What to bring: Sleeping bag, pillow, change of clothes
Further information: Contact Adam Gibson 0409 000 038 – Adam.Gibson@whitelion.asn.au or Kerrie White 0449 929 382 – Kerrie.White@whitelion.asn.au